2015 Exciting New Campus Provision
We are building a new campus with two new schools delivering upstream strategies and excellence in the community
The campus provides a co-located education ‘village’ of exceptional resources based upon a state of art special school, a mainstream academy and the Blackpool Sixth Form College to:
· Raise attainment for all learners including those with special educational needs and facilitate a wide range of outstanding learning and teaching opportunities across the campus.
· Championing outstanding and innovative learning in conjunction with the Fylde Coast Teaching school Alliance and other national initiatives.
· Play an active part in raising the aspirations of our local community.
· Address the health and quality of life issues for young people.
· Provide special school, high school and Sixth Form settings for specialist and inclusive education.
Through highly effective collaboration and partnership with key agencies, an outstanding, interdisciplinary staff team based on the new Highfurlong Special School, delivers positive intervention strategies to facilitate the successful transition of young people into adulthood.
A fully inclusive campus providing unique opportunities and efficient specialist resources for the community.
We reach out to our partner schools and colleges to create a wide range of activities.
As part of the important communication process in the change agenda and the school’s collegiate style of leadership we actively seek successful collaboration and partnerships with other outstanding organisations.
Highfurlong wants to help Blackpool and lead transformation and the improvement of services for young people with disabilities.
We have a great track record in innovation. This comes from highly skilled individuals, expert teams and a highly responsive organisation that is not afraid to move forward.
Our success is about highly effective collaboration and partnership work with schools, colleges, charities and businesses.
Children thrive here.